The safety of our players is of the utmost importance when it comes to head injuries/ concussions.
The cause of a Concussion is: any blow to the head, face or neck, or a blow to the body which causes a sudden jarring of the head may cause a concussion (ex. being knocked to the ground).
Signs & Symptoms (Concussion Recognition):
A person does not need to be knocked out to have a concussion.
- Does not know time, date, place, period of game, score of opposing team, score of game
- General confusion
- Cannot remember things that happened before and after the injury
- Knocked out
- Feels dazed
- Feels “dinged” or stunned; “having my bell rung”
- Sees stars, flashing lights
- Ringing in the ears
- Loss of vision
- Sees double or blurry
- Stomach-ache/stomach pain, nausea
- Poor coordination or balance
- Blank stare/glassy eyed
- Slurred speech
- Slow to answer questions or follow directions
- Easily distracted
- Poor concentration
- Strange or inappropriate emotions (i.e. laughing, crying, getting mad easily)
- Not playing as well
Return to play guidelines
Thank you to our sponsors
Would you like to be one of our sponsors? Check out our sponsorship package offer!