The following guidelines will be followed when there is thunder and/or lightning.
- If lightning/ thunder is observed within 30 seconds or less of one another, all outdoor activities will be suspended immediately.
- The official shall wait a minimum of 30 minutes from the time of the interruption before considering the resumption of play.
- The officials shall make every reasonable effort to resume and complete the contest by adjusting the play time, however if whether and site conditions do not permit it, the game will be cancelled and the scores from the time of the cancellation will be used for final results.
- Players and spectators shall find a safe location for shelter (buildings or inside a hard-top vehicle with windows closed.) AVOID: Isolated trees or other tall objects, bodies of water, sheds, fences, bikes, motorcycles and leaning against vehicles.
- Heavy rain, snow, or wind alone WILL NOT result in the cancellation of games unless accompanied by extenuating circumstances and/or determination by the official.